**Disclosure: The following post contains affiliate links from Amazon.**
This morning I got my oil changed, went grocery shopping, and now it’s time to cook. Feeling so productive today!
This weekend I will be having a “girls weekend” with some of my family, which I’ll write about when I get back. But tonight we are having a homemade dinner of vegetable lasagna, and I am in charge of bringing the salad.
So I’ve decided to make a 7-layer salad! I really enjoy making this. First, it’s pretty to look at, which makes it a great “party” salad. I definitely recommend using a Glass Serving Bowl or clear bowl of some sort to get the desired effect.
Also, it’s simple. All you need to do is chop up your vegetables, create your layers, and refrigerate. No need to cook, so it’s great for the summer time. And it’s very versatile. You can change up the layers of vegetables based on your taste preference and the types of vegetables you have. It’s a great way to use up some vegetables from the garden! I’ll share the layers I used for this one, but I’ve tried it out with other layers before. Some include celery, cauliflower, and cucumber (hey, those all start with the letter c!). So get creative and enjoy!
Recipe: 7-Layer Salad
1/2 Head of Iceberg Lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 oz net weight of Spinach
1 cup chopped Sweet Peppers
16 oz net weight Frozen Peas, thawed
1 Red Onion, chopped
2 cup shredded Carrots
2 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
6 Cherry Tomatoes, halved (Mine are fresh from the garden!)
6 Black Olives, halved
1 bunch Chives, chopped
1. Make sure the lettuce and spinach are dried enough. I suggest using a Salad Spinner. Then layer these two first into the bowl. This should take up about half of your bowl.
2. Layer the peppers, peas, red onions, and carrots. Make sure to get enough on the edges to see each layer.
3. Spread the mayonnaise across the top, carefully so that the other layers don’t mess up.
4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly.
5. Place the tomatoes, black olives, and chives evenly across the top.
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or make this the night before and refrigerate over night.
7. Serve and enjoy!
There you have it! Thanks for reading! Now go eat some vegetables!
**I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.**